Riot Shield OR Ballistic Shield?
What’s the Difference?
So you are in the market for a shield of some type for you and your team but you don’t know what to choose…
Look no further, this is the post for you!
Let’s make this decision very simple for you, do you want a lightweight barrier capable of stopping rocks, bricks, bottles, sticks, and electric shock?
Do you need to stop a bullet?
If you find it unlikely that you and your team will be fending off bullets, then a lightweight advanced riot shield would be a great option for the troops.
Let’s look at some of the riot shields capabilities below.
RIOT SHIELDS: CAPABILITIES
- Extra-lightweight triple-coated raw polycarbonate
- 95% sunlight transparency
- Weighs 2.4 kg
- Quick release strap – fast to release / easier to hold up for long periods with strap
- Customizable name plate in front – example – POLICE
- Fire thrown objects – (Molotov cocktails)
- Small metal fragments
- Electric shock
- Stick attacks
YOU NEEDED TO STOP A BULLET!?
PERFECT! WE HAVE THE SHIELD FOR YOU!
If you and your team often face varying levels of danger in the field which may include enemy bullet fire then you mustn’t take a chance using a RIOT shield, you must have a TACTICAL BALLISTIC shield.
Let’s take a look at the characteristics and capabilities of a ballistic shield below.
TACTICAL BALLISTICS SHIELD: CAPABILITIES
- Available in level NIJ III-A, NIJ III, and NIJ III+
- Ballistic Material tested under STANAG requirements
- Made for intense fire fighting events
- Name plates can be personalized – example – POLICE
- .22 caliber
- .38 caliber
- 357 magnum
- 9 mm
- 44 magnum
- 62 mm
- 308 winchester
REMEMBER! EDI-USA Customizes Sizes, Colors, & Materials!
If you would like additional guidance to decide what ballistics helmet is best for your necessities please contact us, we are confident that we can deliver all your tactical customization needs.
Take a look at our full catalog to see all the gear that we can customize for you and your team.