Ideal for short term protection needs.
With dangerous unrest occurring around in the world and in the United States on a weekly basis, police departments and private companies have recognized a need for riot gear or bullet resistant items on a short-term basis.
Due to this need, EDI-USA has launched its RIOT GEAR RENTAL PROGRAM!
Looking for riot gear to protect your team on a specific one-time project? Look no farther because now you can rent riot gear from EDI-USA on a short term basis! We offer high-quality rentals on select models of our riot helmets, riot suits, and certain riot shields. And for high-risk situations you can also rent ballistic helmets (tested to level III-A, ambient) and bullet resistant vests (tested to level III-A, ambient).
How does EDI’s riot gear rental program work?
Simply contact us with your event details including – the date, the location and the type of event. We will suggest a package of riot gear or ballistic equipment for you to rent, or you can also choose the individual gear that you want to rent based on your specific project.
How fast can your rental gear get to us?
We offer ground shipping, 2-day air shipping, and even overnight shipping throughout the United States for immediate situations. All orders must be placed by 12pm EST in order for your rental gear to ship out the same day.
Who rents EDI-USA’s riot gear?
Recently, we have seen many different users and projects that are requiring to rent our gear. This includes:
– News reporters and film crews that are filming on location or reporting in dangerous environments.
– Private security guards that are contracted for specific crowd-control or building guarding projects during riots or risky situations.
– Police and sheriff departments from smaller jurisdictions that want to be prepared for a one-time demonstration or protest.
Our riot gear and ballistic equipment is rented on a weekly contract basis and it can get to you FAST! Before being sent to you, all gear is carefully inspected to make sure it’s at the quality standards valued by EDI-USA and you will have access to one of our tactical specialists by phone or email in case any last minute questions come up.
Need to rent (or purchase) riot gear or bullet resistant vests / helmets for your next event? Please CONTACT US today and we can help!
As the days grow colder, our hardworking law enforcement, security and first responder professionals are having to work outside in increasingly cold conditions. Especially in certain areas of the United States like the Northeast or the Midwest, the freeze setting in can be bone-chilling. To help you and your team stay warm and safe, EDI-USA has put together the following list of the best tactical gear for winter weather.
What tactical gear is good to wear in the cold?
The PROTEC-X Riot Helmet
The PROTEC-X Riot Helmet has thermal padding inside. Its fit is usually roomy enough to wear a balaclava underneath to keep the user warm when stationed outside for a long time. The strong face shield also helps prevent cold wind from blowing into user’s face.
The PASGT Ballistic (III-A) Helmet with visor
The PASGT Ballistic (III-A) Helmet offers similar benefits for when user is outside. One of EDI’s riot visors can be fitted over the PAGST helmet, which will help stop cold wind from blowing into user’s face. EDI’s riot visor also has a liquid seal onto that helps reduce wind chill on the user.
The TURBO-X Riot Suit
With EDI’s TURBO-X Riot Suit, the user can wear thermal clothes underneath. EDI provides full gloves (with hard knuckles) for users to wear during long outdoor operations, keeping their hands warm while offering an additional layer of tactical protection. Additionally, shin guards and upper leg protection on the suit that are worn over a typical police uniform that also provides warmth for the user.
Need quotes for your team?
Contact us today and we’ll suggest some items to help you get through the cold months!
Part of EDI-USA’s Series: Are YOU Prepared For…?
An Active Shooter emergency is one that occurs unpredictably, evolves quickly, and is over within minutes or hours. That means time is of the essence when it comes to making a difference in the outcome and saving lives. Your team will want to neutralize the shooter as soon as possible, all while evacuating and protecting bystanders in as safe, orderly, and effective a manner as possible.
Whether responding to an Active Shooter emergency in the workplace, a school, a shopping center, or any other confined and populated area where an active shooter is targeting civilians, EDI’s equipment can help your team save lives, maximize their protection, and carry the day.
Is your agency prepared for an active shooter threat?
Responding to an active shooter incident is a tremendous responsibility for security and law enforcement. It requires careful planning, discipline, and sense of duty. With foresight and preparation, you can maximize your agency’s ability to nimbly respond to an active shooter situation, saving lives and taking control of the situation as quickly as possible.
In recent years, many law enforcement organizations have evolved to offer Active Shooter Trainings. Some of these trainings offer a collaborative approach, drawing on insights and post-hoc analyses run by other police and security agencies that have confronted an active shooter situation. This research, and the collective pool of information and strategies, can be a life-saving resource for other agencies looking to hone their own strategies and preparedness.
Developing a Tactical Playbook
When it comes to responding to an active shooter threat, it’s important for you team to put together a playbook in advance. The playbook will acquaint everyone on your team with the strategies you may draw on to respond to an active shooter situation. Running through these drills will help your team practice working together as a unit, and familiarize each team member with the roles they may play, depending on the circumstances and their positioning.
Since the 1999 Columbine Shooting, police teams no longer wait for SWAT teams to arrive before confronting an active shooter. Borrowing tactics from infantry patrols and hostage rescue teams, police and security teams have had their roles expand into confronting active shooters.
Since the tactics required to effectively neutralize an active shooter are drawn from a military approach, EDI’s ballistic gear can be a lifesaving asset for your team. Our lightweight, well-built gear is designed to facilitate movement, giving your officers the protection while facilitating their operations. Key products EDI recommends for all teams preparing for an active shooter situation include:
THE FAST HIGH-CUT HELMET (III-A)
Designed for high-tactical operations, EDI’s FAST High-Cut Helmet allows users to protect themselves while also being able to attach radio communication and night vision devices to the helmet. Tough, strong, and amazing – this helmet provides it all.
EDI’s rugged ballistic shields provide III-A, III, or IV ballistic protection. Available with or without lights, and compatible with FoxFury® tactical shield flashlights. Custom sizes and front inscriptions are available.
HANDCUFFS, LEGCUFFS, AND RESTRAINTS
When you’ve taken an active shooter into custody, given the tension of the moment and the publicity the event will generate, it’s important to maintain control over the assailant and make transit to a holding cell run as quickly as possible. EDI’s handcuffs, leg restraints, and transportation systems protect your officers while giving them the tools they need to assert control over the situation.
Active Shooter Preparedness Plans in Your Community
Given the world we live in, it’s important for police departments and security agencies in the United States to coordinate with local businesses, school districts, and other agencies to put active shooter preparedness plans in place. Active shooter strikes occur randomly, and making sure local leaders know the drill can give peace of mind and help save lives.
When helping local commercial centers and school district officials make their active shooter preparedness plans, some important things to cover are:
- Identifying escape routes, and making sure staff members know how to access them and what paths to follow
- The importance of leaving all belongings behind
- Strategies for sheltering-in-place
- How to respond when police arrive
Staying Safe and Staying Prepared
Since active shooter strikes occur randomly and without warning, it is important to keep your team’s skills and equipment up-to-date. Regularly run through the drills in your Tactical Playbook with your team. Check in with your community leaders about their efforts to spread the word about their Active Shooter Preparedness Plans within their places of business, schools, and other places where the public congregates.
It is also critically important that you properly maintain the gear your officers may need in the case of an active shooting. Each of EDI’s products comes with comprehensive information on how to properly clean and store your gear. To make sure all gear remains in a condition ready for tactical operations, it’s important to assign a team member to regularly check over the gear, to make sure everything is ready and in place. EDI recommends running these gear checks monthly, as part of a routine active shooter preparedness check-in.
The Final Word
The ability to respond effectively to an active shooter requires complex advance preparation. You will need to work with your team to develop a tactical playbook, invest in the right gear, and coordinate with community leaders and local stakeholders to ensure schools, public areas, and places of business near you have credible plans in place for an active shooter situation.
Together, these strategies will ensure that your officers are trained and confident, and that the groundwork has been laid to maximize the effectiveness of your team’s response to an active shooter situation.
EDI salutes your hard work, and from our team to yours, offer a heartfelt thanks to the serving men and women who put their lives on the line to keep the public safe.
Your head is the most important part of your body, which is why EDI manufactures three ballistic helmet models to offer police and military the bullet-proof protection they need. Plus as the manufacturer, EDI is able to offer helmet customizations using a variety of colors, retention systems and padding configurations. Through these customization options, we’ve been able to help police and military forces in over 40 countries around the world procure ballistic helmets that meet their exact specifications.
We’re here to help you select which helmet is right for you! Read on for EDI’s guide to each helmet’s fit and recommend usage scenarios.
The PASGT Model
Pronounced “PAS-GIT”, the PASGT helmet is the traditional ballistic helmet model that has been protecting men and women in serving forces around the world for decades. This helmet has a small “visor” above the head, and offers good ear protection. Popular among military members, the EDI’s PASGT model helmet protects up to level III-A threats. Tried and true, there’s good reason the PASGT model has been EDI’s “classic” ballistic helmet for years.
The MICH Model
With a newer design than the PASGT model, the MICH helmet does away with the small “visor” about the head. The MICH model is compatible with side rails, a gas mask, and a front NVG mount, making it ready for tactical operations. And since the helmet dispenses with the ear protection flaps, users can easily use headphones with it.
For these reasons, users tend to prefer the MICH model over the PASGT model for tactical operations. When close team cooperation and communication is required, the MICH model’s compatibility with side rails and headphones is indispensable. Hence the MICH model is especially popular with police, and with tactical military units around the world seeking to mount night-vision goggles or radios to their helmets via the siderails.
The FAST High-Cut Model
EDI’s latest ballistic helmet model, the FAST offers the user unrivaled mobility. The FAST ballistic helmet includes side rails and front NVG mount for tactical operations. Its high cut makes it particularly easy to integrate devices with these features, without compromising a user’s comfort or mobility.
Unlike the PASGT, the FAST helmet’s shape does not include ear protection flaps. This makes it possible for the user to easily use headphones to stay in communication with their team. Like all of our helmets, the FAST resists up to level III-A threats, and comes in a variety of sizes and colors.
Of course if after reading this, you’d like to consult with an EDI tactical specialist to further narrow down which helmet is best for you, EDI is at your service! Contact a team member today to schedule your free consultation on which ballistic helmet is right for you.
As the global threat landscape evolves, more than ever, Police, Security and Military professionals require concealable ballistics protection. Based on our clients’ feedback in over 45 countries around the world, EDI has developed a new line of ballistic t-shirts using innovative technology and advanced engineering. Our bullet-proof t-shirts protect serving officers while offering ballistic protection that is safer, lighter, and more comfortable than ever.
Full Front and Back Protection, and Partial Side Protection
When you’re looking for covert ballistic protection, a ballistic t-shirt provides full front and back protection. Ballistic t-shirts even upgrade on the level of protection offered by a traditional bullet-proof vest. Traditional bullet-proof vests only provide front and back coverage, yet a ballistic t-shirt provides partial side coverage in addition to full frontal and dorsal protection.
Lightweight Construction and Moisture-Wicking Fabric for a Comfortable Fit
From working closely with our clients, we know how important it is to customize your gear and have comfortable, lightweight protection. This is particularly important in hot climates or operations requiring plainclothes dress. EDI’s ballistic t-shirts are thin and lightweight, making them easy to wear in plainclothes situations. Wear them as an outer layer, or as an undershirt.
When it comes to working under the hot sun, our advanced moisture-wicking technology keeps you cool. Even better, the cut and style of the ballistic t-shirt provide easy ventilation. The stretchy fabric conforms to your body, providing a comfortable, stylish fit while preserving your agility.
Comprehensive Ballistic Protection
For comprehensive ballistic protection, pair our ballistic t-shirts with our ballistic helmet line. Our FAST, PAGST, and MICH Ballistic Helmets each of offer armor level NIJ III-A protection, providing 360° security for the serving men and women who protect us.
EDI’s ballistic line keeps police, military and security professionals safe in the field. Our new ballistic t-shirts keep serving officers safe, while conserving their agility and keeping them comfortable under the hot sun.
Riot Shield OR Ballistic Shield?
What’s the Difference?
So you are in the market for a shield of some type for you and your team but you don’t know what to choose…
Look no further, this is the post for you!
Let’s make this decision very simple for you, do you want a lightweight barrier capable of stopping rocks, bricks, bottles, sticks, and electric shock?
Do you need to stop a bullet?
If you find it unlikely that you and your team will be fending off bullets, then a lightweight advanced riot shield would be a great option for the troops.
Let’s look at some of the riot shields capabilities below.
RIOT SHIELDS: CAPABILITIES
- Extra-lightweight triple-coated raw polycarbonate
- 95% sunlight transparency
- Weighs 2.4 kg
- Quick release strap – fast to release / easier to hold up for long periods with strap
- Customizable name plate in front – example – POLICE
- Fire thrown objects – (Molotov cocktails)
- Small metal fragments
- Electric shock
- Stick attacks
YOU NEEDED TO STOP A BULLET!?
PERFECT! WE HAVE THE SHIELD FOR YOU!
If you and your team often face varying levels of danger in the field which may include enemy bullet fire then you mustn’t take a chance using a RIOT shield, you must have a TACTICAL BALLISTIC shield.
Let’s take a look at the characteristics and capabilities of a ballistic shield below.
TACTICAL BALLISTICS SHIELD: CAPABILITIES
- Available in level NIJ III-A, NIJ III, and NIJ III+
- Ballistic Material tested under STANAG requirements
- Made for intense fire fighting events
- Name plates can be personalized – example – POLICE
- .22 caliber
- .38 caliber
- 357 magnum
- 9 mm
- 44 magnum
- 62 mm
- 308 winchester
REMEMBER! EDI-USA Customizes Sizes, Colors, & Materials!
If you would like additional guidance to decide what ballistics helmet is best for your necessities please contact us, we are confident that we can deliver all your tactical customization needs.
Take a look at our full catalog to see all the gear that we can customize for you and your team.
Which Bullet Proof Vest Is Right for You?
What to Look for When Shopping for Bullet Proof Vests
This is the most important question you need to ask when shopping for a bullet proof vest, because it can literally be a life or death decision.
If the vest you are wearing does not protect you from the threats you are going to face then you will have wasted your money, and you will be putting yourself at risk.
Equally you should not choose a piece of body armor that offers unnecessary protection, as it may be heavier and more restrictive than a vest with less protection.
Before purchasing body armor you should always research the area in which you will be working, the history of attacks that have taken place there previously etc. This will help you to decide which type of bullet proof vest is right for you, and which level of protection will suit your needs.
Selecting the Correct Bulletproof Vest for You and Your Team
Step 1: Identify if you will need a Covert or Overt bulletproof vest
• Covert Bullet Proof Vests: Covert armor is used for individuals that want to be protected but do not want to be seen wearing body armor. Because covert bullet and stab proof vests can remain hidden beneath clothing, they can help to keep members of covert security teams both hidden and protected as they still cover a number of NIJ protection levels. This is the preferred option for individuals involved in professional and covert security duties.
• Overt Bullet Proof Vest: Overt armor is often heavier and bulkier in appearance than covert armor. It is designed for higher protection levels and has to be worn over clothing due to its size and weight. Overt bullet and stab proof vests protect whoever wears them up to the maximum NIJ protection levels. It also provides protection from heavy gunfire and large blades/spikes.
Step 2: Identify the right level of ballistics protection needed
All ballistic vests are tested to different levels and are created to assist in different uses and purposes. A vest that is certified to protect against lower caliber bullet threats may offer no protection against higher caliber weapons. Many of our vests can be equipped with additional armored plates that will increase a vest’s protection level.
• Level III-A: This is the principal level of ballistic protection here at EDI-USA. The III-A offers comfort and versatility with protection levels from a .22mm up to a 44 Magnum. Most of the level III-A vests available here at EDI-USA can be outfitted with ballistics plates to increase the level of ballistics protection for the wearer if required.
• Level III: The level III offers higher levels of protection and covers ballistic sizes from .22mm up until .30-06. It is a touch bulkier and made of a harder material than the IIIA. The level III bullet proof vest can be outfitted with additional ballistic plates that will increase the overall ballistic protection level for the wearer as well.
• Level IV Ballistic Plates: These hard armored plates can be added to existing vests to increase the protection level to withstand fierce attacks ranging from carbine weapons to armor piercing bullets.
• Anti Stabbing Protection: Many assume that if a piece of body armor can stop a bullet, it can stop a knife. This is however not the case, stab proof vests are different to bullet proof vests in both design and fabric. If you need a bulletproof vest that also has anti-stabbing capabilities, at EDI-USA we have the unique ability to make customized dual purpose vests that can withstand bullets and sharp object attacks.
Step 3: Identify the additional personalized needs for your team
EDI-USA has several different lines of bullet proof vests and they all are made to serve different and distinct duties. See the below variations to understand the variables.
• Tactical Style: tactical ballistic vest with comprehensive front, back, neck, shoulder, upper arm, side, and groin protection. This vest is a Police favorite for its full coverage and unique quick release system.
• Integrated Neck Protection: This vest is integrated with extensive neck protection making it perfect for situations with sporadic bullet fire or danger of knife attacks.
• Fully Adjustable: This vest sports the capability to fully adjust so it can be useful both under and over clothing giving the most appropriate fit.
• Float-able Bullet Proof Vest: This is a favorite of the navy as this vest is able to keep the user afloat for 24 hours while retaining its anti-ballistic abilities.
• Hard Plate Carrier: This is a rugged vest designed to carry both standard level III and IV ballistics plates for added protection.
These are just a few of the many options that we manufacture. Please see our full catalog to experience the full product line.
EDI-USA Can Help You Decide Which Vest is Best for You
If you are uncertain in anyway when it comes to deciding which type of bullet proof vest to order for you or your team, do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to converse about you or your team’s specific needs and help you choose the best bullet proof vest. We respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.
What is the Best Bullet Proof Vest for Your Job Type?
Bullet proof vests are always one of our most requested and talked about products.
With so much interest, we thought we would dedicate a blog post to give our best advice for choosing the most appropriate vest for your occupation. We’ll also answer the most commonly asked questions about bullet proof vests.
Let’s start with the FAQ’s:
Frequently Asked Questions About Bullet Proof Vests:
- Q – When were bullet proof vests invented?
- A – Kevlar the most common material used in bullet proof vests was invented in 1966 and the vests began production in the 70’s.
- Q – What is the average lifespan of a bullet proof vest?
- A – The average lifespan of a vest is a minimum of 5 years set by NIJ standards however the level of maintenance of the vest can extend or shorten the vest’s life span.
- Q – Does moisture, sweat, and water affect a bullet proof vest?
- A – YES! Unless your bullet proof vest is rated for moisture and water it is very import to avoid moisture as the vest may deteriorate earlier than anticipated.
- Q – Where is the best place to store my bullet proof vest?
- A – Keep your vest in a closet or flat place. The inserts in a bullet proof vest cannot be stretched or bent in any way over a long period of time. This will cause the bulletproof fibers to be pulled apart and thereby they will lose their durability and eventually be ineffective in stopping bullets. Place your vest in a closet or a flat place where it is out of the sun. Please be aware when you get home from work, that you don’t put your sweaty vest on the floor in the corner. The sweat can seep into the fibers and reduce durability.
- Q – What happens if I gain or lose weight?
- A – A vest should fit its owner like a glove, generally the rule is any change of 10% or more to your body weight will require you to be fitted with a new vest that in appropriate for your new body size.
- Q – What level of protection should I get?
- A – There are three major levels that most manufacturers offer. They are level II-A generally ~4 mm thick, level II generally ~5 mm thick, and level III-A generally ~7.5 – 8.5 mm thick. The style and NIJ level of the vests are entirely dependent upon the type of work you are doing with the vest and what possible dangers you may face in the line of duty. See below for an in-depth explanation on NIJ levels and recommendations.
Having answered all the most commonly asked questions about bullet proof vests, let’s explore which style of vest is considered the norm for each occupation that requires protection.
What is the Best Type of Bullet Proof Vest for My Job?
Below are examples of the professions that usually require bullet proof vests in their daily interactions.
Police Officers – Police officers need adequate protection that is also very mobile. The industry standard for most US police is level III-A, this gives strong protection while still allowing the wearer to make rapid movements.
Swat / Tactical Teams – These individuals are often entering extremely dangerous environments or situations and require protection from heavier artillery and unexpected shrapnel. Most tactical groups use III-A vests paired with level 3 armored plates. It is also common for SWAT and tactical members to have additional neck and groin protection.
Military – This will depend on the branch and mission. For members of the Navy it will be necessary that the bullet proof vests be floatable in addition to bullet-resistant. Most military members will be wearing III-A and above, along with armored plates for combative missions.
Private Security – This will be up to the user’s preference, but it is common for private security guards to wear level II or III-A vests to ensure a suitable level of protection without inhibiting the wearers’ maneuverability and concealability.
Civilian Workers – All the jobs mentioned below generally require individuals to wear a level II or III-A vests which will ensure an adequate level of protection without inhibiting the wearer’s maneuverability and concealability.
- Shop Owners and Workers
- Park Rangers
- Bank Employees
Want Help Deciding on a Bullet Proof Vest?
Here at EDI-USA we specialize in manufacturing and selling the best vests for your specific needs. We have a full catalog of products and will happily help you and your team decide which gear will be most appropriate for your missions.
As we are a manufacturer of our own products, we have the unique ability to offer specialized colors (57+), sizes, labels, and materials. If you need something that is personalized, we have the capabilities to do that, don’t hesitate to communicate with us to discuss your needs. We are confident that we can deliver all of your tactical customization requests.